Step 1: Your Official Absentee Ballot
Open the envelope labeled “Official Absentee Ballot.”
This envelope will contain
- your absentee ballot
- the instructions for filling out your absentee ballot
- an outer envelope
- a privacy envelope
Step 2: Use Black or Blue Pen
- Use a black or blue pen only.
- Use the same pen to fill out the entire ballot.
Step 3: Completely Fill the Oval
On your ballot, for each race in which you wish to vote or for each question you wish to answer, completely fill the oval next to the name of the candidate for whom you wish to vote.
Step 4: If You Need a New Ballot
- If you make any errors while voting, damage the ballot, or otherwise require a new ballot so that you can vote as you intend, immediately contact your County Elections Office to ask for a replacement ballot.
- Ask your County Elections Office what to do with the ballot that is being replaced.
Step 5: The Small White Envelope
Place your ballot in the small white envelope and close it WITHOUT STAPLES, TAPE OR GLUE.
Step 6: Fill out the Oath on the Back of the Outer Envelope
- Be sure to sign the back of the envelope as you signed when you registered to vote … or place your mark.
- Print your name.
Step 7: Person Assisting Elector
(If no one is assisting you, go to Step 8.)
- Fill in the date -- Day, Month, Year.
- This, the ______ day of _________, _________.
- Person assisting you signs.
- Print the name of person assisting elector
- Check the square regarding the reason for the assistance.
__ Elector is unable to read the English language.
__ Elector requires assistance due to physical disability.
Step 8: The BIG Envelope
Place the small envelope in the BIG YELLOW envelope. Seal the envelope without tape or staples.
Step 9: Turning in your ballot by mail or in-person
You can return your absentee ballot two ways.
- a local county dropbox
- by mail
- A local county dropbox. To find a local dropbox, go to acluga.org/dropbox.
- Returning your ballot through the mail
- Place two stamps on the envelope. Use either two First Class or two Forever stamps ($0.55 each).
- Place your ballot in the mail.
Step 10: Check the status of your absentee ballot.
For instructions, go to acluga.org/check
YOUR COUNTY ELECTIONS OFFICE MUST RECEIVE YOUR BALLOT NO LATER THAN 7:00 p.m. ON TUESDAY January 5, 2021.
If you have any questions or issues, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.