General Description: The ACLU of GA seeks an energetic and dynamic campaign manager who will manage the affiliate’s campaign work, with a specific focus on winning redistricting reform by 2021. With the 2020 census approaching, we have a once-in-a-decade opportunity to advance an agenda that calls for a fair and transparent redistricting process while simultaneously working to correct the many barriers voters experienced in accessing the ballot in the 2018 election. In this multifaceted role, you will be responsible for developing effective tactics that engage voters and elected officials and help make redistricting a core 2020 electoral issue. While the focus of this position will be redistricting, you may be asked to work on additional priority issues through your role as campaign manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Report to the Legislative Director to determine campaign field strategy and goals.
● Manage overall field operations, tracking performance to goals for electoral goals
● Develop effective tactics that influence decision makers
● In conjunction with community engagement manager, organize in-district meetings and other in-district activity towards campaign goals
● Recruit, train, and manage staff for field operations.
● Track and analyze performance utilizing Voter Access Network and similar software.
● Troubleshoot and problem solve as it relates to meeting metrics and goals of program.
● Support lobbying efforts, including engaging in direct and grassroots lobbying.
● Represent the affiliate as members of relevant coalitions.
● Provide analysis on performance and implement plans to maximize results in a weekly report.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
● At least 2 years of prior experience coordinating all aspects of issue, organizing, or political campaigns
● Extensive knowledge of and experience working with voter files, modeling and targeting, and the Voter Action Network (VAN).
● Experience drafting field plans including budgeting and cutting turf.
● Demonstrated ability to build and motivate teams and work effectively in a team environment in both a management and support role.
● Knowledge of and experience with state or local campaigns.
● Knowledge of the Georgia political landscape preferred
● Excellent listening, interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills.
● Demonstrated ability to work effectively in politically sensitive and high-pressure environments; ability to exercise excellent political judgment and discretion.
● Ability to work independently within the context of a plan.
● Effective time management skills, including prioritizing, and managing multiple tasks.
● Ability to travel on a regular basis as needed
● Computer proficiency is required.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “Campaign Manager” in Subject.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with similarly situated nonprofit advocacy organizations and will depend upon experience and qualifications.
Excellent benefits include: paid vacation and sick leave, health and dental insurance, life and disability coverage and a Defined Contribution 401(k) retirement plan.
This job announcement provides a general but not comprehensive list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required. It does not represent a contract of employment. The ACLU reserves the right to change the description and/or posting without advance notice.
The ACLU of Georgia is an equal opportunity / fair chance employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU of GA encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or record of arrest or conviction. We encourage applicants with disabilities who may need accommodations in the application process to contact: email@example.com.