The American Civil Liberties Union of Georgia (ACLU of GA) seeks to hire a full-time, Policy and Advocacy Administrative Assistant. The ACLU of GA is the state affiliate of the national American Civil Liberties Union. Our mission is to preserve and expand the individual rights guaranteed in the U.S. Constitution, the Georgia Constitution, and related federal and state civil rights laws.
Reporting to the Policy and Advocacy Director, the Policy and Advocacy Administrative Assistant provides critical support to the internal and external work of the policy and advocacy department, and in particular to the department’s leadership. The successful candidate will have impeccable attention to detail, be able to perform a wide range of administrative and operational tasks and be a strong self-starter.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide overall administrative and operational support to the Policy and Advocacy department (PAD) as needed and requested. This includes but is not limited to:
- setting up, taking notes and ensuring follow up in department meetings and/or other meetings asked to attend.
- managing scheduling requests and needs for department leadership and other department members as requested.
- organizing projects and assignments using project management tools such as Asana.
- acting as a liasion with partners, speakers, etc as requested by department leadership.
- managing and supporting logistics for department meetings, programs, and events, and other affiliate events as requested.
- ensuring department members have needed materials and other preparation for presentations, speaking engagements, public events, etc.
- ensuring timely and efficient communication with other departments.
- conducting relevant data entry, including utilizing Every Action and other relevant tools.
- preparing correspondence and other forms of external communication such as emails to on-line supporters and volunteers, presentations, and reports.
- ensuring PAD materials and office working spaces are organized and streamlined.
- Be an active member of the affiliate-wide administrative team, providing support as requested to organization-wide administrative needs.
- Ensure that affiliate-wide tools and processes are introduced and adhered to inside PAD.
- Update the affiliate’s legislative tracker during legislative session as directed by relevant staff.
- Calendar committee hearings and attend hearings as requested.
- Provide support to PAD intern supervisors such as scheduling interviews, organizing application materials, organizing PAD intern meetings and socials, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Excel, Word, Power Point, Teams, and Sharepoint) and Adobe Acrobat, Zoom and G-Suites.
- Experience and comfort in learning new technologies, including CRM’s and project management tools such as Every Action and Asana.
- Impeccable attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong initiative and self-driven approach to tasks and responsibilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work
- Diligent and able to meet strict deadlines while under pressure.
- Ability to both work independently and to work with a wide range of people and foster a team environment.
- Commitment to work collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and/or conflicts.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity using a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regard to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability and socio-economic circumstance. This includes having a mature understanding of how structural racism, sexism, and prejudice against all kinds of marginalized communities pervade our society.
- Ability to work in the office at least 3 days/week.
- Willingness to travel and when needed, work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Spanish proficiency preferred.
- Associate or Bachelor Degree preferred.
The ACLU of Georgia offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, commensurate with experience and within parameters of the ACLU of GA’s compensation scale. The minimum salary for this position is $55,000 and will be commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits include paid vacation, sick time, and holidays; medical, vision, and dental insurance; Flexible Spending Account; life and long-term disability insurance; and 401(k) Defined Contribution Retirement.
Applications should include a cover letter, resume, and 2 references to [email protected]. To facilitate our review, your emails should have the subject line: “[Your last name] PAD Admin Assistant Application.” We will review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
This job announcement provides a general but not comprehensive list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required. It does not represent a contract of employment. The ACLU of GA reserves the right to change the description and/or posting without advance notice.
The ACLU of Georgia is an equal opportunity / fair chance employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU of GA encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or record of arrest or conviction. We encourage applicants with disabilities who may need accommodations in the application process to contact: [email protected].